31 December, 2016

2016 -The End

     It has truly been a wonderful ending to an epic year for me. Despite the craziness going on in the world this year with legendary celebrities kicking the bucket, Britain's exit and Trumps entry, my world has grown and is filled with so much joy. Becoming a Mum has been a defining journey for me so far, and it's only just begun.

     Everyone has made a fuss over this being Harlow's first Christmas, and it has been really nice. She got totally spoiled and it was crazy to me how much joy that gave me. Like her presents were my presents. It made me happy to see her spoiled. However, she is only 3 months old so she was more interested in the tissue paper and quite frankly wasn't bothered by all the, 'Oh, what have you got Harlow?'s. But come next year when she's walking about and understands things better, Oh Em Gee, I cant wait for that! This Christmas may have been her first, but this Christmas wasn't about her. It was about me. About my first Christmas as a Mummy, and my last Christmas of being spoiled, because I totally was! Cheers Mum and Dad :) Now I get it. I get it when people say that Christmas is about your children, because seeing them happy is the only present you ask Santa for.

     My birthday is on boxing day, and I got really emotional towards the end of the day. I found out that my IVF treatment had worked and that I was pregnant on my birthday last year (2015). It had been a year that I got that amazing news and there I was, babe in arm, reflecting on my journey and I just couldn't stop the emotion breaking through. I truly feel so blessed in my life right now to have a happy and healthy little girl; whom is funny and bright and beautiful. She is everything I could have asked for and more, and I hope I am for her. I often get asked about how I cope as a single parent, or how will I tell Harlow that she doesn't have a father, but it's pretty easy to be honest. I went into this knowing it was just going to be us two, so I don't know any different. And as for Harlow not having a father, who needs one when she has four devoted uncles!

Harlow with my four brothers: Matt, Brett, Daniel and Ashley. (Left to right)


To my darling daughter,

     There will never be enough words to tell you what you mean to me. I hope that I am enough for you, that you have a happy life with me, and that you never go a day without feeling like you belong. I will give you everything that I have to offer as Mother, as a woman, and as a friend. I love you, Smoosh.

Forever Yours,

Mummy xxxx



Happy New Year, All!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment